Do you suffer from dental fear? Does the thought of visiting a dental office make you anxious? Dr. Richard Sousa and the professional dental team at East Hills Dental Associates offer sedation treatments to patients in the Roslyn Heights, NY area. Sedation dentistry is a solution to dental anxiety that relaxes patients for pain-free treatment. Dr. Sousa or another member of his staff will discuss your dental concerns and any necessary procedures before treatment in a warm and comfortable environment. Dr. Sousa and his staff are experienced in handling simple and complex dental cases every day, so you’re in good hands. Learn more about the benefits that sedation dentistry offers patients below.
The Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
There are multiple benefits that sedation dentistry offers to patients and dentists alike. Sedation dentistry:
- Can provide pain-free dental care
- Can provide anxiety-relief
- Allows dentists to work faster
- Reduces the gag reflex
- Can cause anterograde amnesia (the patient doesn’t remember the surgery)
Sedation dentistry can also benefit patients with the following conditions:
- Patients with dental fear or anxiety
- Patients with a low tolerance for pain
- Those who need multiple dental treatments in one visit
- Those with a poor gag reflex
- Patients with disabilities or movement disorder
- Special needs patients
- Those who have a phobia of needles, blood, or loud noises
Treatment with Sedation Dentistry
Before treatment, Dr. Sousa will ensure that the sedation method chosen aligns with your personal needs. East Hills Dental Associates offers these treatment options to patients:
- Oral sedation: Dr. Sousa will prescribe an oral sedative prior to your visit. In most cases, an at home dose will be recommended for maximum efficacy and you will need to be escorted to and from your procedure.
- Nitrous oxide: Also known as “laughing gas”, nitrous oxide is administered through a tiny cannula placed beneath the nose. It takes effect and wears off almost immediately, allowing patients to drive themselves to and from their appointment.
Request an Appointment Today
Call East Hills Dental Associates for comfortable treatment at (516) 253-6873. You can also schedule an appointment with our professionals in Roslyn Heights, NY online here.