Why Would I Need A Dental Crown?
Dental crowns are one of the most widely used dental restorations, serving both cosmetic and restorative purposes for patients with a range of concerns:
- Chipped tooth
- Cracked tooth
- Discolored tooth
- Misshapen tooth
- Restoring a dental implant
- Strengthening a tooth after a root canal
What Is A Dental Crown?
A highly trained restorative dentist and Master Ceramist, Dr. Sousa places dental crowns that are customized to your smile, fabricated on site and placed for a lasting result. Using high-quality ceramic materials, your dental crown will support long-term oral health while restoring function and beauty to your smile.
How Long Does It Take To Fit A Dental Crown?
Fitting a crown requires at least two visits to our office. Initially, we will remove decay, shape the tooth, and fit it with a temporary crown of either plastic or metal.
On the subsequent visit, we will remove the temporary crown, and then fit and adjust the final crown. Finally, we will cement the crown into place and you have a new beautiful looking tooth.
The Benefits Of A Dental Crown Include:
- Strengthen your tooth’s structure.
- A crack or cavity compromises the structural integrity of the tooth. Each bite you take with a compromised tooth inflicts more damage to the structure of it. A crown can strengthen and reinforce the tooth, preventing it from sustaining more damage and providing you with a healthier bite.
- They look natural.
- Dental crowns can be formed from ceramic, which shares a number of traits with natural teeth. Using this, along with detailed scans of the original tooth, Dr. Sousa will craft a prosthetic crown that will blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- Most of the time is completed in a single day
- Generally, you can have the crown formed and applied within the same visit thanks to advances in dental technology. Using CEREC Technology, Dr. Sousa can craft a natural-looking crown that is permanent and long-lasting all in one day!
If I Happen To Damage A Dental Crown, Can It Be Replaced?
Yes. We have an in-office dental lab and also use CEREC when appropriate for same day service. Dr. Sousa will recommend the most suitable treatment for your needs.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are experiencing damaged or missing teeth, Dr. Sousa can perform a comprehensive examination and recommend treatment options to address missing or damaged teeth to restore your oral health. To schedule an appointment, call (516) 253-6873 or schedule an appointment online.