Feeling great about your smile can be easily achieved with the cosmetic dentistry procedures offered at East Hills Dental Associates located near Manhasset, NY. Dr. Richard Sousa is not only a cosmetic dentist but also a trained Master Ceramist. Located at his dental practice is a dental lab where most of the restorations are made.
Impeccable personalized smile makeovers are created by Dr. Sousa thanks to the skills he possesses and his attention to detail. Having the in-house dental lab allows him to oversee the entire fabrication process, which will ensure that your restorations are fabricated to perfectly fit your unique smile. Dr. Sousa also provides comprehensive dental services to new and existing patients in Manhasset, New York.
Planning and Achieving the Perfect Smile
Dr. Sousa spends a significant amount of time analyzing his patient’s smiles before creating a treatment plan. He does a methodical assessment of all aspects of the mouth including function, bite, smile, gum line, and the tooth form, size, and color.
A single cosmetic treatment may be all that is necessary or your smile makeover may include several cosmetic and restorative treatments. Dr. Sousa will use many dental provisions to help create the perfect smile including high-resolution digital images and wax models of your new smile. These will allow him to analyze all aspects of your mouth and help visual the end results.
Cosmetic Dental Concerns
Cosmetic dentistry allows Dr. Sousa to give his patients a smile they love and to help regain their confidence. It can improve the appearance of the smile while also supporting overall oral health. There are many dental concerns that cosmetic dentistry treatments can fix including:
- Crooked Teeth
- Discolored, yellow, or stained teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Gaps in between teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Broken teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- A “gummy smile”
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Our dentist office located near Manhasset, NY offers several common cosmetic dentistry procedures to help fix the dental concerns listed above. As one of the best cosmetic dentists in the area, Dr. Sousa offers the treatments necessary to give patients the best smile. These treatments include:
- Gum Contouring & Gum Lifts – This procedure will lift the gum line showing more of the tooth. Gum lifts are for patients suffering from a “gummy smile” and would like their teeth to appear longer. Dr. Sousa also utilizes gum reshaping to remove damaged tissue from patients suffering from gum disease.
- Porcelain Veneers – These thin shells of porcelain are custom-made to fit your smile. Porcelain veneers can hide almost any imperfection on the teeth. They are permanently bonded to the front of each tooth being treated after a small amount of tooth structure is removed.
- Minimal Prep Veneers – Similar to porcelain veneers, minimal-prep veneers involve removing very little of the tooth surface while preparing the tooth. Dr. Sousa will recommend using ultra-thin ceramic material for its durability and aesthetics.
- Tooth Bonding – This simple and economical procedure can be completed in a single visit. Tooth bonding is used for minor cosmetic concerns, younger patients, and when a patient is not ready to commit to veneers. You can expect your bonded teeth to last for about four to eight years. Bonding involves placing composite resin materials directly on the tooth and sculpting it into the desired shape.
- Teeth Whitening – Whitening is an easy and instant way to brighten your smile. Our Manhasset, NY area dentist office offers the ZOOM™ professional teeth whitening system, which is capable of lightening teeth up to eight shades. We also offer a take-home whitening kit for patients who want the convenience of whitening their teeth at home.