Dental imperfections can alter how we present ourselves. Stained, chipped, or missing teeth are just a few of the obstacles that can be overcome with the help of your cosmetic dentist.
Teeth whitening – Stains from years of hygiene neglect, diet, medications or aging can be all but eliminated in about one hour with Zoom! Teeth Whitening. Possibly the least invasive cosmetic procedure that offers the biggest bank for your buck, teeth whitening can take drab and dull to “Hollywood Wow” in one appointment.
Dental bonding – For intrinsic stains that do not respond to whitening, bonding offers a means to cover those stains with a composite resin material that is designed to perfectly match surrounding teeth. Bonding is appropriate for small tooth repairs as well.
Porcelain veneers – One of the minimally invasive but permanent cosmetic procedures available, porcelain veneers are wafer thin, tooth colored shells designed to conceal multiple dental inconsistencies such as:
- Dental stain – When whitening or bonding will not suffice, veneers provide a lasting option.
- Gaps between teeth – Those spaces disappear when veneers are applied to affected teeth.
- Chipped or misshapen teeth – Teeth appear whole and even.
- Uneven or worn enamel – One or several teeth can benefit from veneers providing extra strength to treated teeth.
Veneers can be made from composite resin or fabricated in porcelain by a dental lab. Porcelain veneers are stain resistant, and offer a lifelike alternative to more extensive procedures.
Surgical enhancements – Eliminate a “gummy smile” with gum line corrections.
Crown and bridge – There was a time when the only material available for dental prosthetics was metal based. With the introduction of porcelain, your cosmetic dentist is able to provide beautiful restorations with natural dental anatomy making them virtually indistinguishable from your biological teeth.
- A crown can salvage a cracked or broken tooth, or one that has undergone multiple fillings and cannot sustain further treatment.
- The loss of one or more teeth can be supplanted with either a fixed or removable bridge. Healthy abutment teeth will play a key role in available options.
If you are feeling self-conscious about your smile, a discussion with your cosmetic dentist will reveal the many options available to resolve your concerns. Dental enhancements will be presented to satisfy every budgetary and timeline constraint. Your dentist will work with you to determine the best treatment plan to restore your smile and boost your self-confidence.
Contact our experienced and caring dental team today to discuss which smile makeover options can help you. Call 516-484-6600 to schedule an appointment.