CEREC Crowns: What are the benefits?
For many patients, the use of dental crowns is a viable alternative to having a broken or damaged tooth removed. A dentist may also use a dental crown on a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment, in order to protect it.
With conventional dental crowns, a dentist will require taking an impression of a patient’s existing teeth in order to mold a well-fitting dental crown, but another option for those patients who prefer a quick remedy is CEREC dental crowns.
Normally, dental crowns take two sittings to complete the treatment; the first involves the dentist preparing the tooth by shaving it down to accommodate the crown before an imprint of the patient’s teeth is taken and a temporary crown applied. The second visit involves the dentist applying the custom-molded crown onto the patient’s tooth.
CEREC is an acronym for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, and a CEREC dental crown is a dental reconstruction treatment that can be performed by a dentist in a single sitting, usually around 2 hours.
CEREC dental crowns allow a dentist to quickly restore damaged or broken teeth back to their former appearance without the need for imprints or temporary fixings, and provide a hard-wearing solution. CEREC dental crowns are also constructed from a durable ceramic material that can be matched to the natural color of the patient’s remaining teeth, helping to conceal the fact the patient has had a dental procedure.
The benefits of CEREC dental crowns are numerous, and include:
- The speed of treatment, with a complete treatment being carried out in approximately 2 hours, saving both the patient and the dentist time;
- Foregoes the need for a temporary crown, and so requires only a single visit;
- They are free from metallic substances , which helps with aesthetic appearance;
- The material can also be used for dental fillings, and so look better and are more hardwearing than standard dental fillings;
- They can be colored to blend in with the remainder of the patient’s teeth.
And so for patients who require a quick and easy solution for dental restoration inLong Island, CEREC dental crowns could be the answer. Contact East Hills Dental Associates at 516-484-6600 to schedule your consultation.